A Five-Point Checklist to Help You Hire the Best Mortgage Broker
You’ve been searching the right neighborhoods to find your “that’s it!” house and picturing yourself making a home there. Dreaming about your future home is great, but there’s plenty to do before you start house hunting for your dream home. The first of which is to obtain a mortgage. To get this done, you have to go through a seemingly never-ending and complicated procedure. However, you can choose to sit back and relax by hiring the right mortgage broker to assist and represent you, instead.
A mortgage broker is a mediator between the borrower and the lender, who negotiates the loan on your behalf. They do the legwork on researching products on the market from the hundreds available, and then support you through the application and settlement process, ensuring you get the best possible deal.
If you are planning to hire a mortgage broker, here’s a list of the top five things to look for:
1. Knowledgeable. Make sure your prospective broker knows the ins and outs of the industry and mortgage products. A knowledgeable mortgage agent will suggest the right product for your needs with a suitable mortgage rate.
2. Listener. Hire a mortgage professional who gives an ear to what you say and understands what you expect from your mortgage deal, as only a professional who gives priority to your say and who strives to understand your goal will be able to reciprocate with the best mortgage deal.
3. The ability to get the financing done in time. While “closing” is the last part before you get your home financed, it is the most important step that must be completed diligently. If you don’t close your deal on time, you may even lose your deal. This is why hiring a mortgage broker who can get the financing done in time for your deal to close, is very important.
4. Flexibility. With people being ever so busy with their work, it’s difficult to get time to visit a broker or complete a mortgage procedure during work hours. This is why you should hire a mortgage broker who has a flexible meeting schedule and is easy to access by phone, email or in person, as and when needed.
5. Keeps current on the market. It’s crucial to hire a mortgage broker who is on top of the constant changes in the industry. Only a mortgage professional who keeps current will be able to suggest the best mortgage deal amongst thousands of deals in the mortgage market at that time.
If you’re looking for a mortgage broker in Vancouver BC, contact Kolbi Turner. He has been offering advice on a wide range of mortgages across Abbotsford, Langley, Mission, Vancouver and the surrounding areas since 2007. He is an expert in residential mortgage transactions whether purchasing or refinancing, he has the knowledge to help you navigate in this market. With experience in customer service spanning over twenty-five years, he is sure he can answer all your questions. To know more, contact him here.